Frenchman Pierre Rolland ended a two-year wait for victory by winning the 17th stage of the Giro d’Italia.
It was the 30-year-old’s first triumph since a stage win on the 2015 Vuelta a Castilla y Leon and his team’s first grand tour stage for two years.
Race leader Tom Dumoulin, who lost time following an unexpected toilet stop on Tuesday, had no such problems again and retained a 31-second overall lead.
Britain’s Adam Yates was 30th and is 11th overall with four stages left.
Rolland prevailed from an 18-man group who broke away 7.8km from the finish of the 219km stage from Tirano to Canazei.
Dumoulin crossed the finish line nearly eight minutes behind Rolland with the main peloton but retains possession of the pink jersey ahead of Colombian rival Nairo Quintana.
Stage 17 result
1. Pierre Rolland (Fr/Cannondale) 5hr 42min 56sec
2. Rui Costa (Por/UAE Team Emirates) +24secs
3. Gorka Izagirre (Sp/Movistar) Same time
4. Rory Sutherland (Aus/Movistar) Same time
5. Matteo Busato (It/Wilier Triestina) Same time
6. Dries Devenyns (Bel/Quick-Step) Same time
7. Felix Grossschartner (Aut/CCC) Same time
8. Omar Fraile (Sp/Dimension Data) Same time
9. Michael Woods (Can/Cannondale) Same time
10. Julien Berard (Fr/AG2R) Same time
Overall classification after stage 17
1. Tom Dumoulin (Ned/Sunweb) 76hrs 05mins 38secs
2. Nairo Quintana (Col/Movistar) +31secs
3. Vincenzo Nibali (It/Bahrain) +1min 12secs
4. Thibaut Pinot (Fr/FDJ) +2mins 38secs
5. Ilnur Zakarin (Rus/Katusha) +2mins 40secs
6. Domenico Pozzovivo (It/AG2R) +3mins 05secs
7. Bauke Mollema (Ned/Trek) +3mins 49secs
8. Bob Jungels (Lux/Quick-Step) +4mins 35secs
9. Steven Kruijswijk (Ned/LottoNL) +6mins 20secs
10. Jan Polanc (Slo/UAE Team Emirates) +6mins 33secs