Men sue NASCAR, Daytona International Speedway for injuries from 2015 race

NASCAR


Two Florida men have sued NASCAR and Daytona International Speedway for injuries allegedly suffered when Austin Dillon‘s car flew into the catch fence on the final lap of the July 2015 NASCAR Cup race.

John and Wayne Vanpatten claim in separate lawsuits that they were sitting in the 12th row of Level 3 and were hit by debris. They also said they were hit by a toxic fluid, which was sprayed onto Wayne’s arm and which John ingested.

There was no description in the lawsuit of the specific injuries except that they continue to recover from them. The lawsuits do not indicate their relation.

The two lawsuits, filed last week in Volusia County (Fla.) Circuit Court, are the second and third lawsuits filed against NASCAR, the track and track parent company International Speedway Corp. from fans injured in the accident. An earlier suit was settled. The statute of limitations in Florida for claims is four years.

NASCAR requires tracks to carry at least $50 million in liability insurance to cover such claims.

The attorney for the Vanpattens and spokesmen for NASCAR and DIS declined to comment on the case.



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

2018 marks new beginning for Cup Series driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
LeBron James’ path to 30,000 career regular-season points
Australian Open – Nick Kyrgios a role model? You’d better believe it
Elias Says: January 18, 2018 – Elias Says
Karthik to join Test squad in South Africa; Saha injured

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *